Sunday, March 1, 2015

Crawfish Étouffée

During the lent season as eat so much crawfish...when it's on sale at my local grocery store I usually buy at least 10 packs.  I make crawfish fried rice, Crawfish Monica, crawfish pasta ...but my go to dish has to be crawfish étouffée. I make a huge pot and we eat it for lunch and dinner. It probably takes me less than 2o minutes from start to finish. It's also goes very well with butter pasta. We usually eat it with jasmine rice. 


Ingredients: 
1 stick unsalted butter 
1 c chopped celery 
1 c chopped bell pepper 
1/2 c chopped onion 
1/2 c mushroom 
6 cloves garlic (minced) 

**You can used any veggies that you and your family like. 

1 small can rotel-I like the original because it has a little kick to it..if you prefer use the mild 
1 family size cream of mushroom 

2 bag of peel crawfish tail 

Direction: 
In a deep pan sauté celery, onion, bell pepper, mushroom and garlic with the stick of butter. Cook until the veggies are all translucent. Next add the can of rotel tomato then the peel crawfish tail. Sauté for about 5 minutes then add the large can of cream of mushroom. 

Cook for a few more minutes then turn off stove. Season to taste.. If you like add some crack black pepper and Tony Chachere's 

Garnish with some sliced green onion and parsley 


Served over rice 

ENJOY!!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment