Monday, September 14, 2015

Red Velvet Bundt Cake

Hands down the favorite cake in my house RIGHT now is Red Velvet Cake.  As you can see I said "right" now....every week I think my kids "new" favorite is something else....so that we can try to make all sorts of different dessert.  Every night after dinner we would get a little dessert...since the weather is getting a little cooler to bake...we have decided to bake something every week as our nightly dessert.  Every time we would pickup a cake or cupcake from somewhere...its gonna be a red velvet cake.  My kids favorite one is at "Nothing Bundt Cake" because they have chocolate chip in them. So when we were thinking about what cake top make this week...we all voted on Red Velvet!!! I m trying to use up all the cake mix that I have on hand so we are gonna just use a BOX cake mix but BAM it up a NOTCH ;)

Ingredients: 
1 box of RED VELVET cake mix (I love DUNCAN Hines brand)
1 large box INSTANT vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup VEGETABLE oil
1 1/4 cup water
4 medium eggs
1 cup semi-sweet MINI chocolate chip


CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
4 oz SOFTEN butter
1 (8oz) SOFTEN cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cup confection sugar
(if the frosting is too thick---add a little MILK)

***grease a BUNDT pan ( set aside)


DIRECTION: 
PREHEAT OVEN to 350

In a large mixing bowl combine your cake mix, vanilla pudding box, eggs, oil and water. I used a hand held mixer since it doesn't have to do any heavy duty mixing.  Once the cake mix is nicely incorporated I fold in my mini chocolate chip.  Pour cake mixture into the GREASED bundt pan. And bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

FROSTING:
In another mixing bowl I beat the cream cheese and butter until its creamy then I add the confection sugar and vanilla extract.  If you find that its too thick for your liking...add a splash a milk. Pour frosting into a ziploc bag to make piping easier. I usually place a quart side ziploc bag into a tall WIDE mouth GLASS and pour the frosting into the prepared ziploc bag...it makes it so much easier and less messy. Taking a scissor snipe a little corner off the ziploc bag. Start piping the frosting over the groove of the bundt cake.

I like my frosting kinda running because when it cools down...it gets thicker and its not as sweet ;)


You can garnish with a handful of mini chocolate chip over the top of the bundt cake.

ENJOY!!!







                    Red Velvet Cake Mix



               Large Vanilla Instant Pudding mix 
Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (I used Toll House) 





                                      Right out the OVEN ;) 




      Waiting for the cake to cool down so we will start with 
                                      making the frosting. 




                         Piping thin frosting all over the cake...



Inside of the red velvet cake...you can see the mini pieces of the chocolate chip 
all through out the cake ;) 

1 comment: