Friday, September 11, 2015

BBQ Chicken in Crockpot

I don't know about you...but during the school year the CROCK POT is my BEST FRIEND ;)
With the kids in all these after school activities and those lunches....I use my crock pot at least 5 times or more a week. During the FALL I use it even more because we eat lots of different types of  "sandwich" type meals.


This week our local grocery store had a huge sale on boneless chicken breast so I bough 3 huge packs. They were only .99 a pound...that is a great deal especially when its boneless and SKINLESS.


INGREDIENTS: 
3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast (about 5 large pieces)
1 chopped onion
1 package Lipton Onion soup mix
2 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon Tony Chachere's (cajun seasoning--you can use any brand that you have on hand)
1 CUP WATER
1 Tablespoon CORN STARCH (optional)

BBQ SAUCE mixture: 
1/4 CUP honey
3 CUP good BBQ sauce (I love Sweet Baby Ray)


DIRECTIONS:
In a small bowl mix...add all your dry seasoning---Lipton onion mix, pepper, onion powder, garlic power, and Tony.  Set aside.

***Add the corn starch to the cup of water...stir to dissolved the corn starch (the corn starch is optional...I like my BBQ chicken to be less runny and the liquid to be a little thick that is why I add the corn starch). Pour the corn starch mixture into crock pot.  Next, wash the chicken breast and put in your crock pot with  the chopped onions. Now pour the DRY SEASON MIXTURE over and add the 2 TABLESPOON of Worcestershire sauce.
COVER and set your crock pot for 4 hours HIGH or 6 hours LOW.

After the chicken is cooked...taking 2 forks and start to shred the chicken...it should be very easy to shred at this time...then add the BBQ SAUCE mixture. Mixing in the BBQ sauce really well and cover and set on warm until ready to serve.  My kids like their BBQ chicken  kinda sweet that is why I added some honey.

I serve my BBQ chicken on Sweet Hawaiian BUNS with cole slaw.  I just buy the pre-made cole slaw bag and just add the Marzetti slaw dressing.
Your family will love this BBQ chicken burger!!!! I love mines with a side of dill pickle or potato salad.

ENJOY!!!



Right before cooking...water/corn starch, chicken breast, chopped onions, 
then dry seasoning mixture. Cover and let the CROCK POT cook for you ;) 

           Serve with cole slaw and sliced red onions. 


Bottle Marzetti slaw dressing--found in the refrigerator section by the 
            vegetable sections. Near the pre-package salads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment