Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Korean Chicken Thigh

During the school year I am always looking for quick meals. Kids have swimming, soccer, and after school activities that there is no time for complicated meals. My go to is usually a jar marinate with a protein..something to be eaten with jasmine rice and steam veggies. 

What I usually do is buy the huge individual pack of chicken thigh from Costco...I love how they are already portion out to individual packs. These portions are perfect for my family because they usually have around 5-6 pieces of thighs in each pack. When I get home from the grocery all I need to do is take out my quart size freezer ziploc bags and pour in 1 Cup of marinate and open up 1 pack of chicken and transfer that into a freezer ziploc bag. Then I label and freeze them. 

The night before I just take out 1 bag and thaw in the refrigerator. 
Makes for a simple quick meal. 


Shopping List: 
1 Cup of Korean BBQ chicken marinate 
1 lb skinless chicken thigh (5-6 pieces) 
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Direction: 
In a quart size ziploc bag pour in 1 C Korean chicken BBQ marinate and 1 lb chicken thigh. Next add 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Zip up the bag and  massage the bag so the chicken can get coated in the marinate. 
Refrigerate over night. You might want to put the marinate bag on top of a tray or plate just in case it leaks. You don't want a huge mess in the refrigerator especially since it's chicken. 

I find that these chicken taste so much better on the BBQ grill. But it taste just as good indoor grill. When it's cold out I usually just add a little olive oil to a fry on and pan fry it up. 
Takes about 9-11 minutes on each side depending on how thick your thighs are. 
Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before you slice into them. 

Serve with jasmine rice or over a salad. 

Enjoy!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment