Thursday, September 17, 2015

Lemon Bundt Cake

LEMON BUNDT CAKE







I LOVE LOVE anything LEMON....I put lemon essential oils in my water EVERY DAY...I squeeze TONS in my noodles and ramen noodles....I love lemonade ...so I was so EXCITED to make this LEMON BUNDT cake. Today was the perfect day because its still pretty hot here so for me ...it was such a REFRESHING cake to make and ENJOY!!!  

INGREDIENTS: 
1 box of LEMON SUPREME cake mix
1 small box of LEMON instant pudding 
1 small box of VANILLA instant pudding 
4 eggs (room temperature)  
1/2 cup FRESH SQUEEZE lemon JUICE 
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water 

***zest of 1 lemon--for garnishing on top of the cream cheese frosting***


Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting: 
1/2 stick UNSALTED butter --SOFTENED
1 pack (8 oz)  of cream cheese SOFTENED
1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
3 cup POWDERED SUGAR 

Beat butter and cream cheese until nice and creamy then add the lemon juice and gradually add in the powdered sugar. If its too thick...add a splash of milk or heavy cream. Unless you like it more tart then add more lemon juice instead of milk. 

**I like to pour my frosting into a ziploc bag and piping it onto the BUNDT CAKE. 



Directions: 
Preheat oven 350 
Grease a BUNDT pan and set aside

In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, lemon and vanilla pudding mix, 4 eggs, lemon juice, vegetable oil and water. Beat with an electric mixer (I used my hand held mixer). 
Pour battered into prepared grease pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.  Allow cake to cool about 15-20 minutes. Then drizzle the frosting over the bundt cake in between the grooves and sprinkle with LEMON ZEST. 

I actually LOVE this cake when it has been in the refrigerator over night...I guess its because the frosting thicken up ;) 

ENJOY!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment