Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Crock Pot Roast Beef

Crock Pot Roast Beef


By far this is one of my family favorite crock pot meals. It's super easy and very FLAVORFUL! You can also eat this roast beef in so many different ways. Goes great as a regular sandwich. Or you can add some cubed potato and carrots and make it as a "beef stew" meal over rice. Or wrap it in a burrito with some provolone cheese,  bell pepper, and onions...yummy!!! Endless possibility!!



Ingredients: 
5-6 lb CHUCK roast 
1 pack Lipton onion soup mix 
1 teaspoon garlic powder 
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper 
1/2 teaspoon Tony Chacheres (creole seasoning) 
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 medium onion---chopped 
5 cloves garlic minced 
1/2 C water 
*** this time I didn't cut my roast into 3in cube but I usually cube the roast to DECREASE my cooking time to about 6 hrs on HIGH***

DIRECTION: 
Lay the chuck roast in the bottom of the crockpot and add water then add all your seasoning, chopped onion and minced garlic on the top of the roast. Place lid on then set crockpot for 8 hrs on HIGH. After about 7hrs the roast is ready to be shredded. Using 2 forks and shredded the roast. Once it's shredded to your liking add the thicken agent...I like my sauce a little thick and not to runny. This step is strictly optional. 


THICKEN AGENT: 
2 Tablespoon WATER 
1 Tablespoon corn starch (I used this in the end as a thicken agent) 
Mix well then pour over cooked roast after shredding.



We eat our sandwich with Sweet Hawaiian BUNS. Serve with mayo and cole slaw ;)
Your FAMILY will LOVE it!!

This dish is great for party because its easy to make and can serve large groups of people. 







Everything JUST pile on and SET your crockpot for 8 hrs!!  EASY and DELICIOUS!!



Since I was on the go all day...I just make my cole slaw and lay it
in a dish of ice with my mayo so that the kids can serve themselves.



Served with hawaiian sweet bun with a little mayo and cole slaw

No comments:

Post a Comment