Thursday, September 10, 2015

Freezer Breakfast Burritos

Want easy and quick BREAKFAST for those crazy mornings?? I have just the breakfast for you. My kids have to have breakfast every morning and the thing is they don't eat CEREAL so I am always having to make something hot in the morning. Some days that is just IMPOSSIBLE ...especially the mornings that we just got back into town the night before or from a LONG extended weekend.   I learned last year after being sick for a few days that I had to prepared something that my husband can just pop in the microwave and the KIDS will be HAPPY ;)



INGREDIENTS: 
12 eggs
1 lb of crumble sausage
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 cup finely chopped BELL PEPPER (optional)
16 oz of cheese (I used the mexican blend)
9-12 soft taco tortillas (depending on how big your tortillas is---there is different sizes that area available)
1 stick butter ( can substitute with olive oil or coconut oil)

DIRECTION:

In a large skillet add 1/2 stick butter and the chopped  bell pepper ...cook until soft. This step can be omitted if you don't add any bell pepper. Once its cooked.... Set aside.

In a large bowl whisk the 12 eggs and the 1/2 cup milk with the Tony Chachere's and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet add 1/2 stick butter over medium heat.  Once the butter melt add in the whisk eggs mixture. Once the egg is cook...take out and set aside.
** Brown the sausage according to package---I used Jimmy Dean brand.  I also crumble the sausage into little pieces.

TORTILLAS: 
I microwave each tortillas for about 15 second each.

****  On a large plate I lay each heated tortillas  then I build my burrito...I would lay the cheese then the eggs and then some bell pepper and sausage. Fold the tortilla tightly over once then FOLD  the 2 sides in then roll up the burritos. MAKE sure to ROLL it as TIGHT as you can. I make sure to lay the seams side DOWN.


FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS: 
I roll each breakfast burritos in parchment paper so when I am ready to microwave...I just pop the whole wrap burritos into the microwave.

Once I wrap each burrito into a piece of parchment paper...I place about 6 wrap burritos into a freezer ziploc bag and in PERMANENT BLACK marker I would write the COOKING INSTRUCTION on the outside.
MICROWAVE for 1 minutes or BAKE at 350 for 20 minutes. That is the reason why I used PARCHMENT paper so that I can microwave or bake them up ;)

Hope this little tip can help make your morning less stress ;)

ENJOY!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment