Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Sour Cream Chocolate Bundt Cake



Sour cream chocolate cake 

Every week my kids and I would take turns and think of a dessert for the upcoming week to bake.  Some weeks its baking cookies others its making something simple as making JELLO from a box ;) But I have to say my kids love anything chocolate. I can bake this cake every week for them and they wouldn't be tired of it. 


Ingredients: 
1 box devil food chocolate cake mix (15.25 oz--I used Betty Crocker. That was what I had on hand) 
1 C sour cream 
1 pk INSTANT chocolate pudding mix (5.1 oz--large box)
4 eggs 
1/2 C vegetable oil
1/2 C water 

Preheat oven to 350 degree

GREASE bundt pan really well and set aside. 


Frosting: 
1/2 stick soften butter 
4 C Confection sugar 
1/4 C Cocoa power 
***milk or heavy cream 
extra confection sugar for sprinkling over the top 


Direction: 
In a mixing bowl add cake mix, sour cream, pudding, eggs, oil, and water and beat with an electric mixer. I usually use my little hand held mixer. Pour the mixture into the prepared bundt pan. 

BAKE  50 minutes OR until toothpick comes out clean. 
Let the cake COOL completely before inverting the cake. 


In another  bowl beat the butter with the confection sugar and cocoa powder. Slowly give a few splash of milk or heavy cream.  Beat until you get the consistency of the frosting that you like. 

**In a ziploc bag...pour the frosting into the ziploc bag and snipe the corner of the bag. Piping BIG frosting over the groove of the bundt cake.

Sprinkle with confection sugar 








             cake mix that I used for this cake 

No comments:

Post a Comment