Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Crawfish Roban

During the school year my kids usually only want pasta for their lunches. Its an easy meal for them to eat and its filling.  So, whenever crawfish tails are on sale at my local market ....I would grab like 6 packs because I use them so much in my pasta dishes. This brand is usually around $8.00 to $10.00 at some grocery store but this week they are only $5.99 a pack...so I grabbed 10 packs..hopefully they will last me until the next sale.

This crawfish roban pasta dish is my GO TO ....I can whip this up early in the morning....I usually make it all in 1 pan...I would cook the pasta...drain out the water...leaving about 1 cup in the pan with the pasta...then just dump all the other ingredients right into the same pan and just cook for another 10 minutes...

I try to undercook the pasta so when I am packing up the kids lunch in the thermos...the pasta doesn't get overcooked.


Ingredients: 
1 box of pasta
1 jar of Alfredo sauce (your favorite brand--I usually buy Bertolli..but this was all I had on hand)
1 bag of crawfish tail (freezer section)
2 C half n half
1 teaspoon Seafood Pasta Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Garnish:
1 C parmesan cheese
sliced green onion


DIRECTION: 
Cook pasta according to package...drain and set aside ( reserve 1 cup of pasta water)


In a large nonstick pot....pour the pasta back into the pot next pour the jar of alfredo sauce and 2 cup half n half.  Pour the pasta water into the empty jar of alfredo sauce and shake it really well...this is to get all the sauce that is stuck inside the jar out...then pour that into the pot. Next, mix in the seafood seasoning (if you don't have seafood seasoning you can use any creole or cajun seasoning), garlic powder, and black pepper.  Cook on medium low until everything is incorporated then pour in the whole crawfish tail bag...all the JUICE and everything....cook for another 5 minutes...then pour in the parmesan cheese and SERVE.

Garnish with sliced green onions


SIMPLE and EASY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment