Wednesday, November 18, 2015

French Toast

FRENCH TOAST 

At my house we are a MAJOR breakfast fan. My kids HAVE to eat breakfast every morning...even on WEEKENDS. I try to make as much of a variety of different type of breakfast food as I can.  I love making french toast because I can change it up so much with just changing 1 or 2 items....like adding chocolate chip or banana...

I love using coffee creamer to make my french toast so that I don't have to use any SUGAR.  






INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup coffee mate creamer  FRENCH VANILLA
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
9 pieces of TEXAS TOAST
BUTTER

GARNISH:
maple syrup
fresh raspberry
powder sugar


DIRECTION:
1) Preheat an electric griddle to 350 degree...if you don't have an electric griddle...you can use a nonstick skillet over medium heat.

In a shallow dish (I always use a pie dish because its shallow and wide so I can dip a few toast at a time) ...whisk together milk, coffee mate (creamer), eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg until WELL combined.

2) Butter the griddle or skillet and dip the bread into the egg mixture (allowing a few seconds for it to absorb the mixture)  then flip the toast so that it will coat on both sides. Transfer the coated TOAST to the griddle and cook until golden brown on the bottom ...then butter the griddle again and flip to the other side until both sides are golden brown.

3) Serve with maple syrup and powder sugar and fresh fruits....we had it with raspberry.

ENJOY!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment