Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Shrimp Taco

SHRIMP TACO

I just bought 20 pounds of shrimp from my local seafood market. So I will be making lots of shrimp dishes in the coming weeks. This shrimp taco is my easy dinner meal...its so easy yet so flavorful. I usually double my recipe and use the left overs for a SHRIMP SALAD. 
*****I will post the recipe for the  guacamole, lime slaw, and pico de gallo in a separate post. 

INGREDIENTS:
3 lb large shrimp peel (I usually leave the tail on just to make it easy to grab--strictly optional) 
1 bell pepper ( sliced into little strips) 
1 medium onion (roughly chopped) 
2 TABLESPOON TACO seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika 
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's (optional---I like it with a kick--u can use salt) 
olive oil 
6 tortilla 

STRICTLY preferences the options are endless...each one of my kids have a different way of eating it. 
Serve with: 
mexican cheese blend
lime wedge
sour cream 
salsa
**lime slaw
**pico de gallo 
**guacamole 


COOKING DIRECTIONS: 
I just toss everything in a large SKILLET....with some olive oil. I toss in the shrimp, sliced bell pepper, and onion with all the SEASONING.

EVERYTHING toss in the skillet with some olive oil and cook until shrimp is cooked. I find that they all take the same amount of time to cook. I don't like the bell pepper overcooked and soggy.  You don't want to over cook the shrimp because it will be tough.  Continue to toss for about 5-7 minutes on medium low heat.


 Shrimp, bell pepper and onions is cooked....take off heat and ready to assemble.
(I take the tails off the shrimp once I plated it up)




I just lay out the guacamole, lime slaw, and pico de gallo so that they can add whatever they like.



No comments:

Post a Comment