Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Bake Salmon

Everytime we go to eat at a Japanese restaurant we ALWAYS ordered the bake salmon. Many times we would order 2 orders because my kids love it so much.
So I came home and wanted to learn how to make it. 

Thank goodness  my kids love this recipe. I think I make it at least once a week now. 

Ingredients: 
1 slab of salmon 
1 pack imitation crab stick 
2 TBS roe eggs 
1/2 bottle of Japanese mayo 

For the Sauce: 
1 C Unagi eel sauce 
2 T brown sugar 
1 T honey 
1/2 C Teriyaki Sauce 
Preheat oven to 350 

Direction: 
I cut the salmon into thin strip. So that I can wrap around the imitation crabmeat mixture. Try to cut it into one long strip. 


For the imitation crabmeat mixture. The imitation crab stick comes individually wrap... So make sure to unwrap each one. Remember to squeeze any excess juice out the crab stick. Next, I cut the imitation crab stick into little pieces. 

Next mix the 1/2 the bottle of mayo into the imitation crabmeat and roe egg mixture. Mix well.. Take an icecream scoop and scoop one full scoop into your baking sheet (remember to grease the baking sheet) I usually line with Reynolds wrap to make cleaning easy. Next take a strip of salmon and wrap around each scoop of crabmeat mixture. 

Now bake at 350 for 30 minutes 

While salmon is baking ...
Take out a sauce pan and make your eel sauce. Pour the eel sauce, teriyaki sauce, honey and brown sugar all in the pan. On medium heat.. Continue to stir until the sauce gets a thick constituency. Turn off stove and set aside. 

Before I turn off the oven.. I usually BROIL the salmon for a few seconds so that it gets that nice CRUSTY top. Be careful and keep a close eye on it.. You don't want to BURN IT!! 

Once your bake salmon is done. Spoon the eel sauce over the bake salmon. 
Serve with jasmine rice. 




No comments:

Post a Comment