Sunday, October 12, 2014

Chicken Pot Pie

I have always wanted to make this dish. Every time I go to KFC I would buy one. But lately the KFC by my house is closed. So now I have to learn how to make one.. I started with an easy version and maybe some day I would use a puff pastry or make my own pastry. This time I used the chicken from my bake chicken (I just shredded the whole chicken) and I used 2 can of chicken soup with herbs instead of using the flour and milk version. 

Ingredients: 
1 chicken shredded --I shredded 1 whole chicken ( I like it with just cubed up chicken breast more--- the chicken holds better when you use cubed chicken breast-- just remember if you are using cubed chicken breast ...you need to cook it longer if you aren't precooked got first) 
1 stick butter 
3 stalk of celery-chopped 
1 small onion-chopped 
1 bag of veggies (frozen section-carrots, peas, green beans and corn) 
2 can of cream of chicken soup with herbs 
1 can chicken broth (low sodium) 
2 cup milk 
1 C of grand flaky biscuit 
1/2 tsp garlic powder 
Pepper 
Dash of salt--because the chicken soup is already salty-and the biscuit also 


Deep baking dish
Preheat oven to 350 


Direction: 
In a big sauté pan.. Sauté up the onion and celery with the 1 stick butter. Cook until it's translucent and then throw in your shredded chicken... Pour in the 2 can of cream of chicken soup with herb, chicken broth and milk. Turn heat down to medium low and add all your seasoning.. you don't really need seasoning because the cream of chicken soup is very flavorful. Taste to see if it's to your liking.. Remember not to add to much salt because the biscuit is kinda salty. 
Cook for about 5-10 minutes.. Making sure everything is incorporated. If you are using raw cubed chicken breast..then you must make sure it's cooked longer and the chicken is cooked!! Because when it's in the oven..you aren't really cooking up the chicken mixture because the biscuit cook up really fast. 



Next pour the chicken mixture into a deep baking dish and spread out evenly. Place your biscuit on top of the chicken mixture... Try to place the biscuit next to each other. I would half the biscuit into 2 per biscuit... So that it would bake all the way through. In top of each biscuit.. Put a pat of butter on top of each biscuit so the biscuit would have that buttery taste and crunch ;) 

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Depending on your oven.. Just make sure it's golden brown. 

Enjoy!!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment