Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Cream Cheese Red Velvet Squares

Since school started I been back on my baking streak again. I love to bake during the daytime with my #4... I also like to bake so the kids can bring a little snack to school for their lunch.

I love to bake from scratch but there are times when I LOVE LOVE to use a box cake mix and just tweak it a little.

Ingredients 
Cake MIXTURE:
1 box of red velvet cake mix ( I used the Duncan Hines Signature mix--18.25 oz)
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water


Cream Cheese MIXTURE:
1 (8oz) softened package of cream cheese (Philadelphia)
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon (good) vanilla extract

PREHEAT oven to 350

GREASE a 9x9 in pan

DIRECTION:
In a mixing bowl --mix the red velvet cake mix, 2 eggs, vegetable oil and water together. I just used a hand held mixer.

In another mixing bowl---mix the cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar and vanilla extract together.

Pour in your CAKE MIX to the grease pan. NEXT, pour in your CREAM CHEESE mixture on top of the red velvet cake mix. Taking a skewer or a knife.....swirl the cream cheese mixture all around the red velvet cake mixture.

 Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes 
Or until toothpick comes out clean

My daughter said it tastes like red velvet cheesecake...she loves the top layer ;)

ENJOY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment