Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Shrimp and Tofu Pad Thai

Everytime we go to a Thai Restaurant I would order Pad Thai...Its one of those entree that I LOVE and every chance that I get...I would order it.

INGREDIENTS:
2 pack NOODLES--soaked

1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp (you can use chicken also)
3 large egg--lightly beaten
1 C tofu--fried  golden crispy

2 T vegetable oil
4 cloves MINCED garlic
1/2 C scallions ---I usually cut up the green parts in 2inch length and the white part smaller
1 C julienne carrots
2 C bean sprouts
1/3 C roughly crushed roasted peanuts
1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro
lime wedges


SAUCE: 
1 C  of PAD THAI sauce ( you can get at the asian market) 
3 T soy sauce
2 T lime juice (freshly squeezed)  
2 T light brown sugar
1 teaspoon Sriracha hot chili 
2 T rice vinegar
2 T fish sauce
1 teaspoon paprika (optional--I like the red color that it makes the Pad Thai) 
1 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes (optional) 




DIRECTION:
Prepared ALL of your ingredients AHEAD of time because the cooking process goes REALLY FAST so you want everything within reach.

1. Soak NOODLE in warm water for about 15 minutes...then drain and set aside. I don't want my noodles to soak very long because I don't like my Pad Thai to be mushy. Since we will be cooking the noodles with all the other ingredients.
2. Wash all the veggies (bean sprouts, cilantro, scallions) and set aside.
3. Cut the tofu into cube and fry until golden brown (they sell tofu already fried but I like it a little crispy so I usually fry mines up with a little  oil)

SAUCE:
In a large bowl add all the ingredients for the sauce and SET ASIDE.

COOKING PROCESS: 
In a large WOK over medium heat...add a little oil and scramble the 3 beaten eggs and set aside. Next, pour in your shrimp and saute until PINK...then set that aside.

I had to fry my tofu so once that was golden crispy I set that aside also.

Now add some more oil to the wok then add the chopped scallions and minced garlic. Stir for a few seconds then add in your NOODLES and toss until mix well with the scallions and garlic then pour in the PREPARED SAUCE and toss until combined. Next add in the scramble eggs, julienne carrots, and shrimp. Stir for about 1 minutes until everything is combined.  Turn off heat and toss in tofu and bean sprouts.  To serve, top with crushed roasted PEANUTS, chopped cilantro and squeezed some lime juice over.

I like it extra spicy so I usually add some more Sriracha.

ENJOY!!!!










                                   Scramble Eggs




















                               




                                      Sauce



          Noodle with SAUCE and scallions and garlic



                       Pad Thai Sauce (from the Asian Market)






No comments:

Post a Comment