Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Chicken Parmesan


I always load up on chicken breast when my local super market has them on sale. They are my go to protein item when I don't know what to cook...sometimes I just marinate it in some Italian Dressing and throw on the grill....or pour in my favorite BBQ sauce and bake it up and serve over pasta or rice. 


Chicken Parmesan over Butter PASTA 
Ingredient:
4 piece of Chicken Breast 
1 cup Italian Bread Crumb 
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp Tony Chachere's 
1/4 tsp crack black pepper

1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese 

To make the SAUCE: 
1 bottle of Bertolli Jar Tomato Basil sauce 
2 TBS light brown sugar
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp Tony or salt
1 tsp garlic powder 
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper---you can add more if you like it with a little kick




DIRECTION: 

Preheat OVEN to 350F 

*** Making the sauce by adding all the seasoning to the jar pasta sauce and mix well--set aside.

***In a wide shallow bowl pour in your bread crumb and parmesan cheese and set aside. 


I cut my chicken breast in half then  pound it out on my cutting board. I used CLING WRAP to lay on top while I am pounding so it doesn't splash all over me.  Next, 
I season with garlic powder, Tony Chachere's and crack black pepper. Taking the pounded out chicken breast I  then battered with Italian bread crumb and Parmesan cheese.  

In a FRYING Pan with olive oil ....I fry it up until golden brown then I transfer to a GREASE baking pan (I used reynolds wrap to wrap my baking pan so clean up would be easy)  and  pour the SAUCE  over the chicken and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.  Next, I  stick the pan in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes. 


Serve over butter pasta --cook pasta according to the package then drain and  add 1/2 stick of butter to drain pasta. Garnish with some chopped parsley. 

Enjoy!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment