Thursday, March 5, 2015

Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Pasta

This week is definitely a PASTA week for us. Since the kids love eating pasta for their school lunch and its so easy to pack and transport for them.  I also got a huge PACK from Costco so I am just trying to use what I have on hand LOL

During the Christmas Holiday I ate this pasta dish at Romano's Macaroni Grill and I am trying to recreate it at home. It was the Carmela's Chicken Pasta--it had roasted chicken, caramelize onion, mushroom, rigatoni in a marsala cream sauce. So I went out and got everything that I remembered that was in the pasta and tried to recreate something similar at home.  Next time I am gonna add more mushroom.



Ingredients: 
1 box of pasta--rigatoni (I didn't have any so I used penne)
6 pieces of chopped up bacon
1/2 cup finely dice onion
6 cloves of MINCED garlic
1 TBS chicken powder
1 tsp ITALIAN seasoning
1/2 tsp Tony Chachere's
1 pint Half and Half
1 cup Ricotta cheese
1 cup chopped MUSHROOM
1 cup COOKED  CHICKEN---(if you don't have a rotisserie then cook up some  CHICKEN with some seasoning)
1 cup PASTA WATER
1/2 cup PARMESAN cheese

Garnish--chopped green onion and parsley



DIRECTION:

*** cook pasta according to package..remember to add salt to water and SAVE 1 CUP PASTA WATER..I usually UNDER COOK the pasta a little because it usually cook in my sauce***

In a LARGE skillet fry the bacon pieces up until its nice and crispy. Once its cooked scoop  out the bacon onto a piece of paper towel and SET ASIDE.

Next, leaving the bacon fat in the skillet add the chopped onion, garlic, cubed chicken (I didn't have any cooked chicken so I cubed up some chicken breast and season with 1 tsp of Tony Chachere's and 1/4 t garlic powder). Once the onion and garlic is cooked add in the chopped mushroom and cook until soft. Next, add the chicken powder and Italian seasons.  Slowly pour in the HALF and HALF.  Then stir in the ricotta cheese...remember to stir really well...turn off stove and add in the cooked pasta. Garnish with bacon, parmesan cheese,  chopped green onion and parsley.

ENJOY!!








No comments:

Post a Comment