Sunday, March 8, 2015

Fluffy Pancakes

My son can eat pancake EVERY MORNING!! It's about the of only breakfast that I will try to make extra on the weekends and put it in the freezer then microwave it up in the morning during the week for him. I usually don't like to freeze food but this is the only thing that I don't mind making. It's one of those super easy to freeze and warm up well in the microwave during the weekdays. 
I usually pack 3-4 pancake per FREEZER ZIPLOC bag. The morning of.. I usually toss them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds .. Then drop a pat of butter on top. That is how he likes to eat it. Simple and EASY. 


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar 
1 1/4 cups whole milk (you can use buttermilk too...but I don't always have buttermilk on hand) 
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon of good vanilla 

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, vanilla and melted butter; mix until smooth. 

2. I leave my batter sitting out for about 10-20 minutes. Once the batter start to bubble up. Don't mix again. Just take a cup and scoop up the batter into the hot griddle.  

3. Heating a griddle or frying pan over MEDIUM high heat. I used Pam to grease my grilled.  I use a double grill so I put both burner to medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle. Cook until bubbles appear. Then flip...REMEMBER TO only turn the pancake once when you  see it start to bubble. Flipping it multi-times will make it tough and hard.

ENJOY!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment