Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Crawfish VELVEETA Pasta

My kids LOVE anything PASTA so when hubby has to work and its just the kids and I for dinner....I usually make a pasta dish because I can never go wrong especially if it is a white sauce. Since it is a Wednesday and I am giving up meat on Wednesday and Friday I decided to make something with crawfish. My local grocery store had them on sale for $5.99 a pack....so I rack up on a few packs for this lent season.

With this recipe you can add a little more VELVEETA cheese...I only added 1 cup because my husband doesn't like it too cheesy ;)
You can also choose any type of pasta ...I usually prefer some sort of shape pasta just to make it FUN for the kids ...because I am a COOL mom ;) You can also use shrimp if you don't have crawfish.



Ingredients: 
1 lb Pasta (any kind that you prefer)
1 pack  Crawfish Tail
1 quart  Half and Half
1 cup of CUBED Velveeta Cheese
1/2 c finely chopped Onion
6 cloves of minced Garlic
1 stick UNSALTED Butter
1 cup finely chopped Celery
(1 small  bell pepper---I usually add bell pepper to my pasta but tonight I ran out)
1 TBS All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Tony Chachere's
Cracked Black Pepper

***1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
*** sliced green onion

Direction:
Cook pasta according to package and drain...set aside.
Over Medium HEAT....Melt butter in a large NONSTICK pan then add in the onion, garlic, bell pepper, celery and cook until veggies are translucent. Next add in the flour and continue to stir ...for about 2 minutes ..making sure there is not clumps. Then slowly add in the HALF and HALF. Stir to get all the ingredients nicely incorporated. Next add in the cup of cubed VELVEETA cheese and continue to stir until all the cheese have melted. Once all the cheese have melted ...add in the bag of crawfish tails and your seasonings. Stir for about a minute or 2..then pour in your pasta and turn off heat. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garnish with sliced green onions.

ENJOY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment