Monday, March 2, 2015

Ham, Eggs and Biscuit Casserole

For those mornings early in the week I usually make some sort of breakfast casserole. Usually I prep the casserole the night before..stick it in the refrigertor then the next morning when my alarm clock goes off..the first thing I do is go in the kitchen and turn on the oven and stick the casserole in...that way by the time I get myself and the kids dress..the casserole is DONE. When I am baking the casserole.. I usually bake my bacon in the oven too.. Even though I only bake it at 350... But once I take the casserole out.. I turn the oven up to 450 and get the bacon a little crispy while I am plating up the casserole. 

You can also serve this casserole with a side of maple sausage ...it's delicious. I usually use ham in my casserole but there are times when I crumble some sausage and throw that in instead if I don't have ham. I have made it a variety of different ways. Pepperione, sausage, ham, turkey or bacon all works for this breakfast casserole. The possibility are endless!! 

Ingredients: 
1 can of GRAND flaky biscuit 
1 c milk 
6 eggs 
1 c cheese (I used the Mexican blend) 
1 c cubed ham 
1/2 tsp garlic powder 
1/4 tsp Tony Chachere's (you an add salt if you like ) 
Cracked Black Pepper 

Preheat oven 350 

Direction: 
In a large bowl ..I scramble my eggs, milk, ham, cheese and seasoning. Reserving a little cheese to sprinkle on top of the casserole. Once everything has been incorporated I pour the egg mixture into a GREASE BAKING dish. Next I cut each biscuit into 4 section. Then taking each piece and try to get all the biscuit to soak up the egg mixture .. Try to separate each biscuit and covering the baking dish then I sprinkle some cheese on top. Bake  at 350 for about 30-40 minutes ...uncovered. Baking depends on how many layers or the thickness of the casserole. My baking dish was wide so it was only 1 layer thick. 
Making sure the top is golden brown. 

It goes well with a side of crispy bacon!!
Enjoy!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment