Sunday, June 14, 2015

Summer Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette

During the SUMMER we eat salad almost with every meal...I love salads. During LUNCH I usually have a salad because the kids are usually eating a pizza or chicken nuggets etc. Its quick and healthy. I got this recipe from a friend of mines. I use this dressing alot but I mix up the salad mix all the time. Depending on what I have on hand.


INGREDIENTS:
10 oz SPRING mix (I usually buy one of those large box from Sam's or Costco)
1 cup toasted pecan halves
1/2 cup dried cranberries or craisins
1 can (20 oz) mandarin oranges--DRAINED
1 package ramen noodles--broken into very small pieces and toasted (don't use the seasoning package--discard)
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup crumble feta cheese

In a LARGE SALAD bowl..start building your salad. Toss when you are ready to serve.

Red Wine Vinaigrette:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon crush black pepper
 In an airtight bottle or container combine all the ingredients and SHAKE really well. Refrigerator for at least 1 hr. Right before serving give it another GOOD SHAKE and pour over salad bowl and SERVE IMMEDIATELY.
(I usually like to just pour my dressing as I served because I don't like my salad all soggy)
Enjoy!!





****This salad also goes really well with some grill chicken breast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment