Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Crab Ragoon

This past weekend we went to an Asian restaurant for lunch and my son had some crab ragoons. Ever since then  he been requesting for me to make him some. My sister makes them all the time but they used the real crab meats...my kids LOVE imitation crab meats so these are perfect for them.


Ingredients: 
1 package wonton wrap--these are 50 wrap(I got mines from Walmart--in the vegetable refrigerator section)

1 package CREAM Cheese
1 Cup imitation crab meat--finely chopped
1/2 Cup minced ONION--I used a food processor
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon SUGAR
1 Tablespoon finely chopped green onion (only green part)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper


Egg wash Mixture: 
1 egg
1 tablespoon water

***Using a food processor...finely chopped the onions. I wanted the onion to be really fine because the filling is so little in each crab ragoon and I didn't want chucks of onion in the filling. That is why I finely chopped the imitation crab meat also.

Mix all the ingredients together except the wonton wrap in bowl. Mix really well to get the filling creamy and all the seasoning nicely incorporated.

Taking each wonton wrap and dipping all 4 sides in the egg wash.... scoop 1/2 teaspoon of the filling into the middle of the wonton wrap. Folding the wonton wrap the way you are comfortable with. My son likes the "triangle" fold because their is more filling  then the "star" fold.

Taking a deep shallow pot fill it with vegetable oil and fry the wonton until its a golden brown color. Keep an eye on it because it fries really fast.

Lay the FRIED crab ragoon onto a PAPER TOWEL to catch all the excess oil.



 ENJOY!!!




I used a little food processor to grind/chop my onions.

                                       Filling mixture


Dip all 4 sides in the egg wash mixture....then add 1/2 teaspoon of filling to center 
of wonton wrap. 


Wonton all wrap and ready to fry. The "star" fold.


Deep Frying...once its golden brown, it is ready. All the filling is already cooked. 




                           Dipping sauce--optional. 




The "triangle" fold.
You can fold the wonton this way also...its easier but it does take more filling. 



They sale this brand at my local grocery store. This package is perfect amount for 1 pack of cream cheese and 1 package of wonton wrap. All you need to do is minced these really fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment