Thursday, April 23, 2015

Thit Nuong

Every time we go to Houston, TX ....I would order banh mi thit nuong and bring it home. I usually OVER order and having to  freeze them.  I finally decided that I need to start looking for a recipe that I can make at home....I have been searching so long for an easy and yummy recipe to make at home ....I think I FINALLY found a KEEPER. I know that it has alot of ingredients but I am still at the "testing" phase.  But this recipe has tons of flavor and the meat is tender and juicy ...not DRY. I loved it so much that I made it 2 days in a roll.

Ingredients: 
4 lb PORK BUTT--cut into 1/4 inch thick (If you can get your butcher to cut it for you ...it would be great- I used pork butt because it has a little marble of fat going through it so it made the meat juicy and not dry)

Marinate:
In a blender add all these ingredients and blend it really well.
8 cloves garlic--peeled
3 stalk LEMONGRASS--I cut mines into 3 inch section to make it blend easier
2 green onion (scallions)--- cut into 3 inch (I used the white and green part)
1/2 yellow onion--roughly chopped
2 TBS brown sugar
2 TBS white sugar
2 TBS honey
1/2 cup fish sauce ( I used the 3 crab brand)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 TBS DARK soy sauce
1 TBS DARK sesame oil
1 tsp cracked black pepper


DIRECTION: 

In a large container with a lid (I used my large pyrex container)  put the meat in and then POUR the marinate over. Using your hands...massage all the marinate into the meat. Making sure all the meat get cover with the marinate really well.  I cover and refrigerator overnight.


You  can grill them outside or indoors....I prefer the outdoor grill because I just love the grill flavor of my outdoor grill. I did one patch outdoor and the other batch indoor and they both came out delicious.

In a grill pan...over MEDIUM heat...pour a little olive oil and once the pan gets hot...lay the pork in a single layer. It probably took me about 3-4 minutes on each side...my pork slices were not thick so it didn't take long to cook.

Serve over rice or a bowl of vermicelli noodle---garnish with some sliced lettuce, pickled julienne carrots and daikons, sliced cucumber, herbs, crushed peanuts, dried onions, and FISH SAUCE (nuoc man)

ENJOY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment