Thursday, April 23, 2015

Nem Nuong

My kids love spring roll and they like it with NEM NUONG. I usually buy it from the asian market in the freezer section but this time I didn't have a chance to drive to the Westbank to pick up some ...so I attempted to make my own. It came out really good....I just wish I can get it that reddish color...next time I am gonna add some food color LOL


INGREDIENTS:
2 lb of MINCED PORK (ground pork)
4 cloves garlic minced
1/3 cup sugar
1 TBS fish sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
2 shallots minced
1 TBS sesame oil
1 TBS honey
2 TBS cornstarch


BASTING MIXTURE: 
2 Tablespoon honey
2 Tablespoon vinegar



DIRECTIONS: 
****In a shallow bowl...throw all the skewers. You want to get all the skewers wet so it wont burn on the grill or in the oven.


In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together. Once all the ingredients are incorporated. We can start by assembling the skewers. Taking 1 skewer ..ball about 1/2 cup of pork mixture onto the skewer. Try to work the mixture tight onto the skewer. Lay them on a GREASED pan. Bake at 350 for 1hr. Remember after 30 minutes (half way in the cooking process) turn the skewers so the other side and BAST with the vinegar and honey mixture. Return back to oven and bake for another 30 minutes.

***If you are eating the nem nuong in a spring roll...take it off the skewer and cut into stripes...to make rolling easier.

My kids just like to eat it off the skewer.


ENJOY!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment