Thursday, October 15, 2015

Pull Pork

When I was making out my weekly meal plan this week I knew that I was gonna have a super busy week ahead. With the end of the nine weeks wrapping up at my kids school and all the after school activities and my rental property taking on a new tenant...I needed to make something that I can recreate in different meals this whole week.  This pull pork recipe is super easy and so flavorful. If you don't have time to make it in the oven....you can stick it in the crockpot. 

Ingredients:
3 lb Boston Butt 
1 T garlic powder 
1 teaspoon salt 
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's (creole seasoning) 

Direction:
In a small bowl...mix all your seasoning together. 

In a deep baking pan...season the Boston Butt with season mix. Making sure it's season really well. Next, cover REALLY WELL and TIGHT!! I cover with HEAVY DUTY renoyalds wrap. 

Bake 350 for 1 hr then lower temperature to 200 degree and bake for another 6 hrs (covered). 

Uncover and shredded...I use 2 fork...throw away all the fat. Next bake uncover for another 1 hr so it can dry up  ANY LIQUID that render from the fat..then pour in 2 cup Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce.  Then BROIL for a few second....Until the top get a nice golden brown crust. Keep an eye on it because it will burn quickly. You just want a nice crust....not BURNT. 


You can serve with hamburger buns, nacho or torilla (soft taco).  This pull pork freezes really well also. Just portion out and freeze in an airtight container. 
ENJOY!!!




Pull Pork after it has been shredded ...before I pour the BBQ sauce 


No comments:

Post a Comment