Monday, June 2, 2014

Blacken Shrimp

While the kids had their swimming lessons this morning, I took the opportunity to prep some of my meals  for this week. Most of what we are eating this week deals with shrimp or crawfish... So I peeled 4 pounds of shrimps and portion them out to each meal. So during the week all I have to do is.. Grab a container and season it the way I like. 





Since I already had the shrimps out and peeled .. I decided to make lunch and dinner with the shrimp. 
Blackened Shrimp to go with my Caesar Salad for lunch and dinner it's gonna be Shrimp Tacos (all I have left to cook is the chicken.. sauté the onion and bell peppers) 

Ingredients: 
1 pound peel and clean shrimp 
1 tsp blackened seasoning 
1/2 tsp garlic powder 
1/4 onion powder 
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce 
1/2 tsp paprika 
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 

I mix all the seasoning up with the peeled shrimp.. Marinate for about 30 minute to 1 hour in the refrigerator 

In a grill pan.. With a little olive oil.. Pour the whole container into the grill pan. Try to lay the shrimp in 1 layer .. Keep a close eye for they cook really fast.  I cooked it for about 5-7 minutes. 
Garnish with sliced green onions. 
Enjoy!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment